Plant-based butter - 2 tablespoons
½ Yellow Onion - diced
Plain Flour - 1 tablespoon
Salt - To taste
Pepper - To taste
Garlic Powder - 1 teaspoon
Paprika - ½ teaspoon
Plant-based milk - 1 cup milk (235 mL)
Nutritional Yeast - ½ cup (30 g)
Cornetti or Gomitini - 2 cups (200 g)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Once melted, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika, and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in milk, whisking as you pour. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking frequently until thickened.
- Add nutritional yeast and whisk to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and combine well, adding a little more milk if necessary to reach desired creaminess and serve.
Recipe & picture: Tasty