PLEASE NOTE THAT AT PRESENT WE ONLY DELIVER TO CB1 TO CB5 POSTCODES, HISTON, IMPINGTON & COTTENHAM
The Mooncup® is a soft, silicone menstrual cup that you can reuse every time you get your period. It was designed by women as a convenient, safe and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. The Mooncup was the first ever menstrual cup to be made from medical grade silicone; a hypoallergenic alternative to rubber which had previously been linked to latex allergies, offering an end to the waste, discomfort and expense of disposable sanitary protection.
Which moon up size should I use?
The Mooncup menstrual cup is available in two sizes with only 3mm between them: Size A and Size B.
Size A is for those who are 30 or over and all who have given birth vaginally.
Size B is for those who are under 30 who haven’t given birth vaginally.
How to use my moon cup?
As you would when using tampons, always wash your hands before inserting and removing your Mooncup®.
- Trim (first use only): The base of the cup should sit as low as possible in the vagina. As vaginal length varies, the first time you use your Mooncup you may need to trim the stem to get the best fit for you.
- Fold: please visit https://www.mooncup.co.uk/folding-techniques/ for the different folding techniques.
- Insert: Part the labia and place the cup as low down in the vagina as it will comfortably sit (lower down than a tampon).
- Remove & Empty: With clean hands, gently squeeze the bottom of the cup to release the seal then slide the cup out. Empty the contents into the toilet. We recommend emptying it every 4-8 hours.
- Rinse & Reinsert: Rinse your Mooncup with water or wipe it with a tissue. Fold and re-insert
For more information on how to use, please visit https://www.mooncup.co.uk/how-to-use/